Monday, March 2, 2015

Princess Half Weekend Expo Recap

I can't believe the weekend of my first Disney race is already over.  :-(  I'm going to do the expo recap today and then I'll do the Enchanted 10K recap separately. 

The whole weekend was fabulous, even though both Jason and I were miserably sick.  The Disney magic makes everything good even when you're icky. 


Jason and I left Tallahassee around 7am on Friday to head down to Disney World.  We checked into Pop Century when we arrived and I caught a bus over to the expo.  The trip over on the bus was quick and there were only a couple other people. 

Fair warning, the walk to the expo from the bus drop-off is long!  Every time you make a turn, you think you're about to be there, but you still have more to walk.


I may have squealed when I saw the Enchanted 10K sign.

Signage in the expo area could have been a little more clear, but I finally found my way to the HP Field House to pick up my bib.  They had a merchandise area in the middle with the packet pick-up around the edges.  Pack pick-up was very quick and organized.  The merchandise area was pretty picked over by this point.

After I picked up my packet, I headed over to the main expo to pick up my t-shirt.  On my way in, they had this killer photo op!


You walk in on the second floor of the expo.  They had some concessions up there in case you were hungry.


For it being the second day of the expo, it was packed!  Shirt pick-up was all the way in the back of the expo, so I went there first and grabbed my shirt.  The sizing ran a tad small, but it fit so I didn't bother exchanging.

After grabbing all the necessary items, I walked around the expo hoping to find some running goodies.  I was disappointed that most of the official merchandise and even a lot of the vendor booths were already picked over from the first day.  I ended up walking out with nothing. 

The expo was well organized and had a ton of vendors.  I do wish that Disney would limit the expo to runners only the first couple of days.  I missed out on a lot of the items I wanted, but of course they're now selling on eBay for 5 times the amount they originally sold for. 

Lesson learned for next time, get to the expo on day one if you want the best selection1

Do you like race expos or do you get in and get out?  What's been your favorite race expo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin